About the Scholarship
The Diversity and Social Justice Scholarships sponsored by Rutti Counseling & Consultation are offered to professional clinicians actively working to promote social justice in their circles of work and influence. Anyone in financial need who can describe how they would use the training for which they are applying to promote the value of social justice may apply.
Rutti Counseling & Consultation's statement of positionality:
Rutti Counseling & Consultation values diversity of community, diversity of identity and diversity of ideas. We strive to provide high quality, socially conscious, culturally humble, healing centered trainings that create a safer space for professional curiosity, professional development, community engagement, critical self-evaluation and increased cultural responsiveness.
We are unapologetically aligned in our pursuit to decolonize trauma therapy, advocate for equitable access to healing, center inclusive justice, dismantle white supremacy, flatten therapeutic hierarchies and participate in personal and professional accountability. We are continuously unlearning and relearning and are excited to do our part in providing a platform for community conversations.
Anyone is welcome to apply for the scholarship, regardless of how you identify. We view scholarships as an investment in you and in the future of more conscious communities. As part of your application essay, please address the following:
- What is leading you to training in the chosen program?
- How do you envision Rutti Counseling & Consultation's program meeting your needs?
- Although you may or may not choose to disclose certain aspects of your identity, please tell us a bit about your personal journey and how it led you to this point in your career.
- How does your personal journey inform your approach to healing trauma and promoting social justice?
- Please tell us more about the population and community that you serve. Who will directly benefit from you receiving this training for which you are applying?
- Although you do not have to disclose specific details, please give a general description of what your financial barriers may be that are impacting your ability to take a training with Rutti Counseling & Consultation at this time.
Preparing Your Essay
Essays must be 1000-2000 words and incorporate the bullet point questions listed above. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, and we will inform those selected within one month of any given training cycle if they can be accommodated. We will follow up with an email if you have not been selected to receive a scholarship. You are always welcome to apply at a later time since our capacity to accommodate and the variety of applicants may fluctuate over time.
We offer a select amount of scholarships for each training. If chosen to receive a scholarship of any amount (we typically offer partial scholarships), you will be notified on procedures and/or next steps.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.