By Registering For EMDR Therapy Training with Rutti Counseling & Consultation, You Acknowledge And Agree To The Following:
By registering for this training, you have acknowledged and agreed to the following:
- Attendance: Your presence at the entire training is required at all sessions, and you are required to keep your camera on at all times for online training. No partial credit can be awarded. Please also note that by taking the training you will be required to take an open-book learner assessment following the second part of the training, per EMDRIA guidelines.
- Training Information & Eligibility: You have read our training information page read prior to registering, which includes information on clinical eligibility (e.g., Master’s degree in a clinical mental health field or pursuing a Master’s degree). The Institute for Creative Mindfulness is an EMDRIA-approved provider to serve clinicians in the United States and Canada, only with certain limited exceptions. If you are a clinician living outside of the United States or Canada, we suggest that you contact the Institute for Creative Mindfulness first or check with your regional organization (e.g. EMDR Europe, EMDR Asia, EMDR Australia). A U.S.-based training may not be accepted for formal accreditation in your country. Trainees have ONE YEAR (12 months) from the time that you begin this training to complete all of the requirements, including the 10 hours of supplementary consultation that are required for you to receive your Certificate of Training in EMDR Therapy from Rutti Counseling & Consultation in conjunction with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. Exceptions can be granted only in extreme circumstances (e.g. a humanitarian crisis, illness or injury).
- Technological Requirements for Online Training: Attendance at all live sessions on the indicated dates is mandatory for completion of this course. These live lecture and practicum sessions will be hosted by the video conferencing platform Zoom. Links for joining these live sessions via Zoom are included in the course portals. These links will prompt you to download the Zoom software if you have not already done so, and will then connect you to the session. You will need to have a working camera on your computer/device in order to have your video on for all sessions. Please plan on registering several days before the training session starts. Please also plan on logging on a few minutes prior to the start of the session for troubleshooting if you are not already familiar with the platform. For more information on how to join a Zoom meeting, please read through the following article: https://www.howtogeek.com/662339/how-to-join-a-zoom-meeting/ By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge that you meet the technological requirements needed to participate and have taken any necessary tutorials ahead of time as we do not want technology to be a distraction from your training experience. If you require technical assistance, you are required to reach out to your instructor at least one week prior to the start of training.
- Payment, Refund/Cancellation Policy: Training costs $1300. The first payment is due at registration and can be divided into two or three payments through your registration in Thinkific. Any broken down payments will be withdrawn monthly (30) days after registration. If you are in need of a payment plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly prior to registration. You have read and agree to Rutti Counseling & Consultation’s Organizational Policies which stipulate the terms for refunds, cancellations, and resolving grievances and complaints.
- The ICM Network: Faculty licensees of the Institute for Creative Mindfulness (ICM) operate their training independently, and in registering for this training, you are registering with Rutti Counseling & Consultation (RCC), not ICM. If you cancel or need to move this training, please directly reschedule with RCC. If for some reason you want to move your training to another ICM network faculty member, you will need to cancel with RCC and re-register with the other network member.
- Consultation: The EMDRIA-required 10 consultation hours are not included in the cost of training and must be scheduled on your own time outside of the hours of the training advertised here. We structure our program so that you are able to work with any of our ICM affiliated consultants or consultants-in-training for your consultation hours to supplement the online training. Our consultants represent a wide range of specialties at a variety of price points. In the spirit of ICM’s mission, emphasizing trauma-focused care and tailoring the most effective program for our individual trainees, we believe the choice of consultant(s) is important to the overall learning experience. Depending on which consultant(s) and format that you select, you can spend from about $200-$1000 additionally for consultation. Please follow this link to get a sense of our consultants expertise and price points before registering. You will receive more information on booking consultation at the Part I training. You have ONE YEAR (12 months) from the time that you begin this training to complete all of the requirements, including the 10 hours of supplementary consultation that are required for you to receive your Certificate of Training in EMDR Therapy from Rutti Counseling & Consultation in conjunction with the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. Exceptions can be granted only in extreme circumstances (e.g. a humanitarian crisis, illness or injury).
- Professionalism: You will show up on time and be fully present for each session, acting in a professional manner. You will reach out to your faculty member or any assistants if any unexpected problems arise. You agree to take full responsibility for addressing your needs in the area of grounding and self-care during the training. You agree to refrain from all alcohol and illicit drug use during the training and agree to speak with your faculty member or any assistant if you anticipate that your impairment due to prescribed medications may pose a problem during the training. The faculty and staff reserve the right to remove trainees at any time if the trainee creates an unsafe or unprofessional environment for you or for other trainees, or for any other reason, at their sole discretion.
- Confidentiality: There is no client relationship or other privilege that would create a duty rising to the level of confidentiality in this training setting. However, you are expected to respect the confidentiality of other trainees in the group, and your trainer will explain the importance of confidentiality. Trainees who observe a problem with other trainees are expected to bring the problem to the lead trainer or other training staff. Similarly, if a staff member observes an issue with professionalism, they reserve the right to discuss that issue with the lead trainer.
- Preparedness for Doing Your Own Work: Throughout the training, you will be expected to participate in a working practicum experience in the role of therapist, client, and observer. This means that you will be expected to do a small piece of your won, authentic clinical work. If you are currently in counseling or being treated for a mental health condition, it is recommended that you speak with your provider, alerting them that you are participating in the training. If you have received a major mental health diagnosis (past or present), you acknowledge that you are taking this training and engaging in this practicum at your own risk, and agree to alert faculty or training staff before or during the training if any complications arise. You acknowledge that everyone taking part in the practicum experience is new to EMDR therapy and agree to keep the space as safe as possible for all involved. If any problems arise, you agree to address them with faculty or staff members.
- Accommodations: RCC follows the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We ask that if you are in need of any specific accommodations that will allow you to take our training with us, please contact with us any requests thirty (30) days before the scheduled training date. If, during the training, a need for an accommodation arises, please contact your instructor and/or practicum facilitator immediately and we will discuss the best possible solution to support your learning. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions, concerns, or requests.
- Correspondence from Training Organization: RCC regularly sends correspondence about the training, including an email confirmation at registration and several emails leading up to each training. The emails presently come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, RCC may send our emails from email@example.com. If you are not receiving these emails, you are required to check your spam folder as correspondence from new organizations often ends up there. Please also double check that the email that you registered for the training with is your correct email and that you are checking that inbox. Once you receive your first email, please save the email to your address book. If you have not received a confirmation email or other correspondence from the organization within seven (7) days of the training, please reach out to us by email or phone.